For most of its GRIB files PocketGrib uses the public GRIB weather service which is provided for free by the Saildocs organisation. They seem to be having a problem with their online GRIB servicee which is causing the error.
An alternative way to get GRIB files is to use one of the GRIB email services below. The links will open a request email in which you just need to set the latitude/longitudes to your desired area.
- this sample will download wind and pressure
With PocketGrib you can download, view and analyse global weather data on your iPhone, iPad or Android phone or tablet. Wind, preciptation, pressure, temperature, wave data and more extracted from GRIB files are displayed through our simple interface making it perfect for sailors, windsurfers, and other weather enthusiasts.
- Choose your map location and have weather information overlaid
- Mapped weather can be animated
- Weather can be viewed as a meteogram (graph) or raw data
- Configurable download to minimise file sizes (great for roaming)
- GRIB files can be downloaded to your PC via iTunes
- Displays online or offline
Pocket Grib downloads and displays the following weather types:
- Wind speed and direction (10 m above mean sea level)
- Precipitation (rain, snow etc)
- Air temperature
Direct download of GRIB data from NOAA's GFS (Global Forecast System) model
- Forecasts up to 8 days
- Data steps: 3hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Worldwide Coverage
- Resolution: 0.25°, 0.5°, 1°, 2°
- Data updated 4 times a day (every 6 hours)